Saturday, February 2, 2008

To fuzzy the toilet seat cover, or not to fuzzy the toilet seat cover

So I'm sitting here nursing a headache and trying to work myself up to getting back to work, when I started to wonder-- do people use those fuzzy toilet seat covers anymore?

I always have-- they're warm. They're fuzzy. And they add one more little splash of color to an otherwise blasé beige/white space. Without consideration, I had sort of figured I'd get one for this bathroom. And yet...

It just doesn't seem right. Am I rebelling from my previous ways? Have HGTV DIY design shows crept into my subconscious and convinced me of their gaucheness? Am I weary of trying to precariously navigate my way through a color scheme I don't understand? (I always handled clay much better than paint-- it's monochrome but textured.) Is it the fact that the fuzzy toilet seat cover is shag carpet for the commode? Or is it simply the fact that I really, really, really want a white waffle-weave curtain and a white soft rag-rug-- YES I KNOW I WILL BE WASHING IT 4 TIMES A WEEK, MOM!-- and the white fuzz on the white porcelain would be sort of pointless? I mean, like I said, I like monotone with texture, but maybe not 70s texture...

Or maybe it's just the fact that the elastic always wears out in about 6 weeks and I keep having to pick it up off the floor sopping wet after someone didn't close the shower curtain all the way...

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Do they still make those? I love how you put your Mom's mind at ease...

Anonymous said...

I never saw the point of those... I mean, yes they add some color. But, what about the germs and umm, the other stuff, that could get splashed onto them. Gross.