Sunday, February 10, 2008

A shout out to the hardware store...

Lots to report from this weekend; a few baby steps and a great big stride in the kitchen department.

But first! I just want to thank Yeager's Ace Hardware. God love 'em, they put with us coming in 5 times today between their limited opening hours of 11-4. By the last trip, they were shamelessly making fun of me.

Yes, they may be an Ace, but they are FAR from big box. They were local for a very, very long time. And everyone in that place knows their shit. The high school kids are learning a ton-- and it shows! And the old-timers never skip a beat.

"Can I help you?"

"Yeah. I need one of these...but bigger."

"We have them right here!"
...
"Can I help you?"

"Yeah. I need some of that...but not so much."

"Well, I sell it by the foot!"

Every damn time. At one point, I had two people coming at me from perpendicular aisles to help and each one thought I was talking to him. And they both actually COULD help me!

I love them. No Big Box, no sir.

They are as good as you get.

No comments: