Monday, May 12, 2008

40,000 Roofs

That's the number of new roofs being installed in Fort Smith. At least, that's what I overheard at Lowe's. Man. That's a lotta shingles.

We have picked out what we're going with. We decided on gray-- Owens Corning Oakridge Architectural shingles, to be exact, in Estate Grey. Well, we thought gray, as opposed to our current green 3-tab roof, would give us some more options in terms of trim color. Green basically left us with variations on green and red-- festive at Christmas, but I'd like something a little less seasonal all year-round, I think.

So of course, I couldn't resist some Photoshop time. I've done the trim with a gray/blue and with a plummy color...Next question will be, do we paint the rest of the trim one of these colors, too? And do we leave the house white? I think we leave it white but, I don't know!



That's a gable vent-- I just drew in a quick one; I start to lose my patience.

ALSO! I will gladly accept any other suggestions for trim colors and combinations-- all the help we can get!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the white with the blue/grey, though I might bring a little of the color lower down - maybe on the post-top-thingies, but not the main walls?

I'm not so keen on the white with the red/plum. I think it needs a warmer color to look right with that - a warm tan maybe?.

I don't know much about traditional color schemes on that sort of house, so I hope I haven't said anything stupid (like calling those things post-top-thingies). This was purely an aesthetic, not authentic analysis.