Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Fun with Photoshop

My dad used to dream of the day when we could just literally Photoshop the world around us. Hole in the wall? Grab that rubber stamp tool! Dead limbs on the tree? Lasso and cut!

Anyway, we're not there yet, but...really...so close.***

I can't decide between 2 very different lights for the bathroom and, even thought the bathroom isn't painted, and the mahogany-walnut colored cabinet isn't in place yet, I was able to see into the future!

Well, you know, a very ragged, badly dropped-out, cut-and-paste sort of future:





***Note:Wall color? All wrong. It will be closer to color of dark tile. Size and position of lights? I used what used to be there as a guide. In other words, likely all wrong as well. Brownish-red blob on the right will be the new cabinet. Shut up-- I'm working with a dumbed down limited color palette.

7 comments:

Kelli said...

Now I want to play with gimping (Gimp is the open source version of photoshop - www.gimp.org) my bathroom and kitchen to help pick out paint colors. Maybe I could gimp what my woodwork might have looked like before it was savagely cut out of my house! Inpsiration is a'brewing!

Amalie said...

Back before we bought the house and I had somewhat different designs on the kitchen, I found a pic online of a kitchen with some similar elements and photoshopped a bunch of different colors...It was really fun and surprisingly helpful!

Jen said...

I like how the second set of lights reflect the linear features of your sink. In your photoshop mock-up the lines are quite striking. Somehow, everytime I open photoshop, I am there for days....really days. I just can't stop...

Jennifer said...

I would go with set #2... I really like their vertical lines! It really draws attention up, and in a small room that's a good thing!

Sandy said...

I really like that second set of lights!

Anonymous said...

LOL! While I haven't used Photoshop for home renovations yet ( great idea,though!)I worked with Photshop extensively while employed at a portrait studio. After spending all day removing under eye circles, wrinkles and birthmarks I found it difficult to look in the mirror and not have the "toolbox" sitting in the top right of the reflection!
Damn! What just a little "smudge" an "erase" would do to make my day!!

Nathan said...

I wish I could just 'clone stamp' over wall cracks and copy an internet bathroom and past it over my crapper of a crapper.

Maybe I'll play with my photoshop a little bit and see what I can come up with for my place.

Good idea!