Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Fingers crossed

Touch wood, lucky penny, shooting star, 11:11...I don't want to take any chances.

After almost one full week of drying out, tomorrow's forecast calls for rain-- possible severe thunderstorms. We've done some temporary patching to the roof, so I'm hoping for less rain on the inside of the house this time around.

The insurance people say that our interior damage puts us higher on the list, but there's still no telling when they'll get to us.

So no walking under ladders, guys-- I already had a black cat cross my path today...

(Just got a call saying it could be 4 weeks before anyone gets out to our house. Ugh. Any suggestions for making a big ugly hole in the ceiling look pretty? Lace? Dried flowers? Hole treatments? Help a girl out.)

5 comments:

Sandy said...

I can't help myself... band aids! Forgive me...

Anonymous said...

lol. Good luck. Water in the wrong place in the house is downright miserable.

Amalie said...

Haha! Maybe I could weave the band-aids into a pattern to make a hole cover!

Jennifer said...

Sigh... plywood? Attached with bandaids, of course...

Joanne said...

Hmmm...mirror?