This was the kitchen we bought.
Then it was a big pile of plaster and lathe. And over the years we added and subtracted things. The cabinet doors were falling apart and falling on my head. They weren't usable or safe anymore.
Over the last couple of weeks, I've been putting a lovely coat of satin water-based poly on the new doors from RefaceDepot.com.
Then I took our old drawers, sanded the faces, and polyed them with the same finish.
|Lower left is original; lower right is sanded; top is one coat of poly.|
And today, we put it all together. Be still my heart.
Ok. Yes, there's still painter's tape on the window, and we still have some backsplash work to do. But damn. I think they turned out beautifully.
We also finally, FINALLY, had the last inspection on the insurance settlement from 2008. We may take a while to get where we're going, but we get there eventually.