Saturday, May 24, 2014

Floors all over again...

Well, not ALL over again.

It's been almost 6 1/2 years since we sanded them down to bare wood and refinished them completely.

To rehash a picture from the previous post, you can see where furniture was and wasn't:


And there are going to be areas where things like the feet of the bed wore away the top coat.


I'm going to do one bedroom and the hallway as a test case for adding a coat of SealCoat and more poly since they are not "public" areas of the house and the bedroom will have plenty of furniture, I'm guessing.

Today I swept, vacuumed, and mopped with a mild vinegar solution.

You can already see that when wet, the difference is not so high contrast (obviously this is a bit blotchy with uneven drying, but you get my drift).



There are some trouble spots where grain is raised and a bit of dirt has settled. I'm going to try sanding those areas a bit more than just a scuff.


I'll let this dry overnight and get back to it in the morning. I'm feeling better about it over all.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a chicken to put on the grill...

No comments: