You may have already guessed: famous last words.
Adam sent me a picture a couple of weeks ago of a cute, cute, cute puppy in the liquor store. Customers bring their dogs in sometimes. "Who does that cutie belong to?" I asked.
"Don't know." Don't know. Uh oh.
"What are you doing with him?" I asked.
Not good. Not good, not good, not good.
I have looked for an owner, I have tried to find a new home. I don't know if we'll find that home for him, but for now, he is here. After coming to us, he threw up 2 corn cobs and had to have surgery to remove a third that was lodged in his small intestines. On Christmas Eve. So now that we have spent some serious time worrying over him, it'll have to be a pretty damned perfect home. He's a good boy, but I am spending yet another winter break wrangling dogs. :\
That said, hopefully you will be seeing us tackle some of the list.
- Refinish the floors. Again. (One, then two, then three, then two, then three, then four dogs will wreak havoc on pine floors)
- Put down new flooring in the kitchen
- New kitchen cabinet doors
- Wrap up the painting, in and out
- Seed the yard
- Patch a hole in the ceiling
Here's hoping. There may be some other somewhat unrelated projects in the works. Just have to see how everything goes...